Old November 26th 08, 04:11 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default I am convinced bicycling is not safe

On Nov 25, 6:46*pm, "marika" wrote:

the revolution would be if you actually built the public transportation to
enable people to ride it, there's not enough of it for your proposed
revolution to work

Oh, I have the idea that all this big money that goes to save the Big
Three from their own stupidity and greed, should be put to work toward
public transportation and bike facilities. It would be good and it
would create great business and employment opportunities, sure to save
the economy.

1. INCREASE THE PRICE OF GASOLINE, such as in Europe and Japan. The
revenue so raised could be used to IMPROVE ALTERNATIVE
TRANSPORTATION*, from fast trains to the creation of BICICLE LANES
along all major streets.

*"A massive public works project that did not expand the deficit would
help; something like a massive clean energy program or nationwide high-
speed rail network financed by new taxes on pollution and fossil
fuels. A more progressive tax system would help as well. Both seem
inconceivable since the Bush administration wants to spend public
works dollars on Mars not earth, and Congress that has just enacted
tax breaks that exacerbate the wealth gap."
http://www.eugenelinden.com/news280.html

Actually this is how I started the revolution back in 1992 (at the
time of the Rio Summit)...

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote6