Old March 6th 09, 08:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

In article ,
Bill C wrote:

On Mar 4, 11:34*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
In article ,
*John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:37:32 -0800 (PST), Bill C
wrote:

JT's vision of democracy and free debate:

* *That stuff sounds pretty much exactly like the way the Republicans
whipped the media into submission after 9-11 to me.

Yeah Howard A lot of them were jailed, tortured, offices firebombed,
etc...You really are a ****ing tool. I can cite examples of Chavez'
violence against mainstream news outlets, and so can you, but you HAVE
to defend these folks.

I "have to defend these folks?" Huh? Bill, I always know that you're teetering on
the brink of unleashing another diatribe when you pull out the Chavez references (and
you calling me a "tool" is quite an amusing stretch, considering how easily led you
are by rightwing talking points your posts demonstrate). In that article, Chavez
rails against the media in an attempt to bully them, which correlates to what I said.
Remember that illegal warrantless wiretapping program? One of the main targets were
journalists. Ari Fleischer intoning, "There are reminders to all Americans that they
need to watch what they say, watch what they do, and this is not a time for remarks
like that; there never is." Etc. Etc. Etc.

As for JT, RIF:

You actually suggest to John that "reading is fundamental?" Hmm.

JT, when was the last time, before Obama's election that you told
anyone this is a great, free Country and you are proud of it, and you
are optimistic about it?

I suppose you do that several times a day? That's kind of heading into "My
country, love it or leave it" territory. Or "My country, right or wrong."

Michael Moore and Rush, as symbols, are what's right about this
Country. They get to trash the government and still be free to speak.

You still cling to the belief that Moore is on par with Limbaugh or Coulter.
That's funny.

You know, you do the same thing again and again. You find a way to link someone
you're arguing with to someone you consider to be super horrendous. In this episode,
we got Chavez. In earlier ones, it's been Arabs who celebrated on 9-11 or the
"Pan-Arab" thing. Perhaps you think that linkage will make the rest of the readers
think that the person you're going after is also super horrendous? Like a Nazi or
something. That's a cheap, cheesy tactic, Bill. I think you can do better.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe