Old July 3rd 09, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

Default Loire valley cycling maps

"Colin Reed" wrote in message
Does anyone have any recommendations for fairly detailed cyclist friendly
maps in France? I'm going to be staying a couple of weeks near Tours in
the Loire Valley and want to be able to plan fairly quiet routes to
various chateaux and vineyards.

I like the IGN 1:100,000 ones - Top100 or whatever they're called these
days. I've typically found the local ones for sale in the supermarkets.

There's also 1:25,000 ones, but as here that's a more walker than
cyclist-friendly scale.

Others like the Michelin ones - better spot heights, steepness chevrons, but
no contours.