Old July 3rd 09, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe[_3_]

Default Loire valley cycling maps

Clive George wrote:
"Colin Reed" wrote in message
Does anyone have any recommendations for fairly detailed cyclist
friendly maps in France? I'm going to be staying a couple of weeks
near Tours in the Loire Valley and want to be able to plan fairly
quiet routes to various chateaux and vineyards.

I like the IGN 1:100,000 ones - Top100 or whatever they're called
these days. I've typically found the local ones for sale in the
supermarkets.

I agree with the recommendation. Also, if there is time, email the local
tourist board offices and ask if they have any cycle route leaflets. With
the combination of leaflet and map its usually possible to stitch together
interesting rides. (No compulsion to follow leaflet to letter, just give
clues as to what they suggest as quiet routes).

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/