Old September 6th 19, 08:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Large water bottle holder for 3.5 inch diameter bottle

On Wed, 04 Sep 2019 04:27:35 +0000, Ralph Barone wrote:

news18 wrote:
On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:29:20 -0700, AK wrote:

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that
is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

What do you want to carry?
A long time ago, I purchased a large bottle and carrier combo. I don't
know if it is 3.5",but it was certainly larger then the standard
waterbottle.

Andy

Something like this, perhaps?
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...topeak-modula-

adjustable-bottle-cage-2/rp-prod68036

No. That looks likes a normal water bottle holder to me, with the same
problems of allowing the bottle to flip out sidewards. YMMV, but
hammering down a hill does that unless you really tie them down.

Finally got A in to G and measured it. The cage uses the standard bottle
mount ferrels, and is all chromed steel, but the sides wrap around about
3/4 of the circle. It will take a 3.5-3.75" wide bottle over 6" in length
I've actually carried the Cocal Coal/amatil super maerkey 1.5litre water
bottle(11.5" lenght) in it. A standard bottle might slip sideways out the
bottom.

Unfortunatly no branding, nor can I find anything online that looks like
it. Nor can I remeber where I puchased it. It mght have been something
like Wally world or the like one day.

There isn't a nipple on top of the actual bottle, but a piece of plastic
tubing that reached to the bottom and did a loop to a stub hole oon top
You just pulled out the end from the stub hole and soucked on the tube.
I've hade it so long that I replaced the tube twice and stopped using the
actual water bottle as it feels brittle now. The chrome shows no sign of
rust. It sits on the down tube and i mainly use it to refill the two
standard bottles on the seat tube from the bottle I mentioned above.