Old September 13th 19, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Presta valve in a rim that was drilled for Schrader?

On 9/12/2019 6:45 PM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 15:46:23 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/12/2019 9:47 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

On my bicycles with clincher tires and tubes I too carry two spare tubes and a patch kit with a couple of cotton balls in it. On some of my bikes I carry a compact pump but on others where it fits I carry a full frame-fit pump.

One guy flatted on today's club ride. To my amazement, another club
member pulled out a battery powered pump to inflate the guy's tire.

It was probably this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Comp...df_B07B65GN6W/

The problem I have had with battery operated things is that the
batteries seem to be always flat :-)

Yes, that's an example of a Single Point of Failure. I suspect the gizmo
had quite a few of those. It's not what I would choose.

--
- Frank Krygowski