Old September 13th 19, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Presta valve in a rim that was drilled for Schrader?

On 2019-09-12 16:34, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 11:19:41 AM UTC-7, incredulous
wrote:
Jeorg: Heavy duty thorn resistant tubes pumped up to 110 lbs? Why,
oh why are you suffering that harsh ride? Surely you would have no
greater risk if snakebites with pressure of day, 90lb. Irless if
your tires at 28mm or wider.

I use 25mm wide tires but I still weigh over 210lbs, plus a fairly heavy
load on the bike which has a steel frame. My goal is to drop down to my
old fighting weight of 190lbs from decades ago but that is really tough.

Harry Travis Portland OR USA

From the problems that Joerg has often voiced, he rides a lot of
gravel at high speeds.

Yup, have to.