Old February 12th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Vidmar

Default What - Intelligent Thought?

Dude, I expect it won't be long before we read about your exploits with an
attack rifle from a bell tower somewhere. Seriously, you are in need of
major psychiatric assistance. Hopefully, one of your friends or loved ones
will help you get the help that you need.

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
k.net...
At the basis of the global warming hysteria is the idea that man is
causing it and that therefore man is evil. The fact that trying to hold
down CO2 emissions would end up costing millions if not billions of lives
just doesn't seem to register on the do-gooders who are convinced that all
we have to do is turn the therostat down to 68 and we'll all be fine.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0207171745.htm

"The science policy experts, writing in the Feb. 8, 2007 issue of Nature,
say adapting to the changing climate by building resilient societies and
fostering sustainable development would go further in securing a future
for humans on a warming planet than just cutting gas emissions."

""To define adaptation as the cost of failed mitigation is to expose
millions of poor people in compromised ecosystems to the very dangers that
climate policy seeks to avoid," the authors state. "By contrast, defining
adaptation in terms of sustainable development, would allow a focus both
on reducing emissions and on the vulnerability of populations to climate
variability and change, rather than tinkering at the margins of both
emissions and impacts."

Nahh, I'm pretty sure that the Liberals would much rather just kill off
2/3rds of the world's population. That way their homes in the Marin
Redwoods would remain unchanged.