Old June 20th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_3_]

Default TK was exactly right. OT

RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 19, 9:36 am, Bill C wrote:
While just about everyone lined up and relentlessly hammered on him,
with just a few allowing they had some doubt, he was the one who was
right on the money.
Hope he doesn't hold his breathe waiting for folks to admit being
mistaken, since I happen to like having him around.

http://tinyurl.com/6mnu2p

New study to force ministers to review climate change planExclusive
Official review admits biofuel role in food crisis
Julian Borger and John Vidal The Guardian, Thursday June 19 2008
Article historyBritain and Europe will be forced to fundamentally
rethink a central part of their environment strategy after a
government report found that the rush to develop biofuels has played a
"significant" role in the dramatic rise in global food prices, which
has left 100 million more people without enough to eat.

That biofuels are a two-edged sword was never disputed. Tom way
saying that the whole global warming thing is a myth and that human
activity has no effect on the planet's climate. So I'm not sure why
you're awarding the medal...

Tom's not always wrong, but he too frequently adopts a shotgun approach.
Throws a whole bunch of arguments out at once, then switches back and
forth between them.

Every month or so, Bill comes across something that validates one of
Tom's thousands of arguments. Then he gets confused and thinks it
validates them all. Or something, I don't get it.