Old June 21st 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default TK was exactly right. OT

On Jun 19, 2:42*pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Jun 19, 10:23*am, Bill C wrote:

On Jun 19, 9:47*am, RicodJour wrote:

That biofuels are a two-edged sword was never disputed. *Tom way
saying that the whole global warming thing is a myth and that human
activity has no effect on the planet's climate. *So I'm not sure why
you're awarding the medal...

R- Hide quoted text -

The biofuels, and their effect on food production were a seperate
discussion.

snip

Dumbass -

You want to give that moron a medal for that conclusion?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Nah, I want to give a Bill Engvall "Here's your sign." to all the
folks who argued he was an idiot for even suggesting it might be a
problem. It's pretty rare when TK is right on the money, but he could
point out that the road we're riding on is basically black, and
usually rational folks would line up to say he's wrong.
I was in the "We'll have to see camp, I'm not sure." because
historically the problem has not been a lack of food, it's been one of
distribution, transport, and politics. I'm still not sure that ethanol
is sucking off enough of the excess production (Our govt. is still
paying folks to NOT grow crops) to cause a disaster. I'd guess a much
bigger problem is the cost spikes due to the cost of oil. Modern
farming, and transport, is incredibly dependent on petroleum and it's
price.
It's easier to go after biofuels than the folks producing the oil,
and the huge national taxes most places that are on top of that.
Bill C