Old July 10th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Steel frames and le Tour

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:39:03 -0700 (PDT), Scott
wrote:

Really? No one is doubting that you've seen lots of bikes. I feel
pretty strongly, though, that you have NOT seen every bike ridden by
each rider in this year's TdF.

While I don't think it's necessarily happening this year, given the
long and storied history of riders having their favored frames re-
badged to look like the team's bike, it's certainly not outside the
realm of possiblity that someone is riding a steel frame.

If you are claiming that we can only "know" something by seeing it
with our own eyes or with extremely specific witnesses, then sure, I
don't know it I don't know my car is where I parked it last night, I
don't know that the door to my apartment wasn't spraypainted by some
random vistior and I don't know if the NY Times announced bankruptcy
in the last 30 minutes.

There are still no steel frames in the Tour of France.