Old November 11th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Global Warming 'Greatest Scam in History'

On Nov 10, 8:24 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Nov 10, 3:32 pm, wrote:

Ah. With that heading, I thought you were pointing at Oklahoma Senator
James Inhofe--but he uses the phrase, "greatest hoax ever perpetrated
on the American people." He thinks that global warming is a nefarious
creation of the United Nations and the "Liberals" to destroy the US
economy and to initiate one-world government. Perhaps even more
interestingly, the American religious right has latched onto the idea
that any effort to recognize that global warming can be affected by
human behavior is a denial of a Supreme Being.

Dumbass -

Elements of the religious right claim that.

There are other elements that claim the opposite.

You're right. I should have said "some." In any event, that raises two
more questions.

1. What proportion of the religious right deny AGW?
2. What proportion of those who deny AGW are affiliated with the
religious right?

And it's sort of nostalgic seeing Ted Haggard cited as being an
influential evangelical leader.