Old November 11th 07, 08:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Default Global Warming a?~Greatest Scam in History'

Mike G wrote in
:

In article .com,
wrote:

You know that 600 foot long container ship that hit the Bay Bridge a
couple of days ago? That thing has tremendous momentum and can
neither turn nor stop on a dime. That collision was set up many, many
minutes before, when a 1/2 degree change in heading could still have
made a difference.

No joke - that damned ship is costing me sleep.

With the ship stuck in SF being looked over, the containers on it are
in limbo. The Hanshin folks need those containers back in China next
week for our 18000 bike order to be loaded and arrive here before
xmas.

Now, we have to get Maersk or someone else to take the job, load our
bikes and get the containers to Houston.

If it doesn't get done - we won't have the bikes in time to build and
give away to underprivileged local kids.

Sigh.

Read about the charity I work with at
www.elvesandmore.org

Just as well, coming from China the frames of those bicycles were likely
built with titanium tubing salvaged from Chernobyl.

--
Bill Asher