Old July 9th 04, 04:16 PM
Simonb

Default South West trains doesn't want cyclists as 'customers'...

Howard wrote:

the company believes the
carriage of cycles should be further restricted because it can "have a
significant impact on train service performance."

I used SW Trains on the Waterloo - Weymouth line for years, and it was
great. Until they removed the mail cages (which were fine for carrying
bikes -- lots of room, double doors) and introduced bike 'hangers' in the
pokey guard's office. These hangers make taking bikes on and off the train a
very lengthy business -- no wonder they have an impact on service
performance.

I really hate what's happening to our public transport infrastrucure.