Old September 19th 18, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Official pedal cyclist road deaths in 2016 ex DOT/NHTSA/FARS(Fatality Analysis Reporting System)

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 9:10:59 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 3:58:49 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 6:33:39 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/19/2018 5:23 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 2:26:13 AM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote to Jay Beattie:

For extra points, explain how Lois Lerner is not the deep
state incarnate. I'll wait.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

You'll be waiting for a long time, Andrew. The problem is that the American Left has been doing this vicious and immoral crap for so long -- Bobby Kennedy set the tone and his fat little brother industrialized the process of abusing power -- that they think Lois Lerner persecuting her president's opponents is how a civil servant *should* behave. They just don't know any better, and they don't want to know better. And when you corner them and they have no answers to obvious abuses -- and abusers like Janet Reno and Lois Lerner (fine examples of feminist empowerment, those two!) -- they scoff and sneer about "reptilians".

AJ
The only reptilian slime I see in this thread was dragged in by Reno and Lerner

You have your own Tony Robinson persecution over there.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

What continues to amaze me is the entire population of this country can see people like Beattie looking down their noses at everyone else but they cannot see themselves for what they are. One of the big-time lawyers that rides with us contracted cancer and looking at mortality he has become introspective and sees the legal profession entirely different now. He sees a large percentage of the problems in this country as coming directly from them.

Congresspeople that measure their success in the numbers of new laws that they pass and not if the laws were ever necessary or if they could ever have been enforced except in the cases of Janet Reno and her ilk as little more than torture devices.

Trump issued an executive order that for every new regulation, two old ones should be repealed. Apparently, not all civil servants are members of the Deep State: for every new regulation passed, the Trump administration has deepsixed 21 old regulations.

Andre Jute
Credit where it is due

PS Tom, I came to your post about Trump being a moderate a bit late because my computer crashed and it took a while to set up the spare and transfer terabytes of stuff I've written and the supporting research. But I agree with you. If the Democrats were awake, or at least could see past the blood in their eyes, they'd embrace Trump as one of their own; after all, cutting immigration will cause Republican lawmakers a lot of pain when their constituents and corporate donors start screaming that they can't make a buck if Trump takes away their cheap, newly immigrated labour. And if the Republicans weren't so spineless, they would remember that Trump was forever a Democrat, until he saw an opportunity to supplant a weak Republican presidential slate. The same as to the Democrats applies to the Europeans. If they weren't so blinkered (their default mode, and in this I include the British*, is to hate the Americans) they would see that Trump is a pragmatic mixed economy welfare stater well to the left of Mrs Thatcher, a man after their own hearts.

* The late Enoch Powell, one of the two most beautiful speakers of proper English (the other was Alistair Cooke), once said to me, "People like you, who were educated in the United States, who love Americans for all the right reasons, cannot see that they are dangerous." Most British and allied intellectuals (but not the Irish!) hide their disdain for Americans behind a very thin veil of tolerance of crude colonial cousins.

Andre - you don't seem to like moderates. Let's remember that taking the actual speeches into account, John F. Kennedy was as Republican as most of todays moderate Republicans. Unfortunately he had the Democrat trait of fixing the economy by starting wars.