Old May 24th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default UCI and Doping solution

On May 24, 1:25 pm, "Jan" wrote:
The following has been drafted by a member of the Eurosport Cycling forums.
It is suggested that it be sent to the UCI . Although we
disagree with doping. This does seem a logical way to instantly clean the
sport up,- while there is still time. Please forward to the the UCI. It
might just work!!

thanks

Jan

I would like to propose an idea of an amnesty for drug takers in the
sport. As is plainly obvious, the current system is not working, with
credibilty in cycling diminishing day by day. Therefore, I feel that an
amnesty would be a good option. It allows those who have doped in the past
to come out and admit it, without fear of being reprimanded and sponsors
pulling out, as is happening right now. Give them until a date to get clean,
then anyone caught should be thrown out of cycling for good. This gives them
no excuse and can make cycling credible again. I would dearly love to see
clean riders battling it out heart and mind against each other in the
knowledge that this is their physical limits and they really are trying.

Sounds like a plan to me, but will we ever trust the peloton again?
Let's give it a crack.