Old December 2nd 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jorg Lueke

Default Remember to help out your fellow cyclists that use CO2cartridges.

On Nov 30, 12:15*pm, "PatTX" wrote:
:: After he was done with the pump he thanked me, and I said something
:: like "how come you don't carry a pump?" (since he had spare tubes
:: and patches and tire levers), and he said 'I use CO2, but I got two
:: flats and I didn't have enough.' I guess I never understood the
:: logic of carrying CO2 versus carrying an infinite supply of air via
:: a tiny pump like the Topeak Micro Rocket, which weighs 65 gm versus
:: two 16 gram CO2 cartridges (117 grams), since you still need the CO2
:: inflater.

SMS
:
: The logic is pretty simple. *The CO2 will work a lot faster than a
: little hand pump.
: The hand pumps can be quite frustrating to properly fill a tube.
:
: Now the logic on measuring things to the gram is something that
: escapes me.

Jorg

You missed his point. He was saying, more or less "What do you do after you
use up all of your CO2 cartridges and then get another flat?" *I carry CO2,
but I also carry a Topeak pump. It's the Boy Scout motto: *"Be Prepared!"

Pat in TX

I've never had more than one flat at a time. I can see it if you run
into some nasty debris. That's when you call your wife I don't
see any issue in carrying both.