Old December 14th 08, 10:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

Default Nearly got into an accident

"PatTX" .net...

I got to thinking, "How could I be safer" and the only thing I can think
of is to check in my mirror for overtaking drivers each and every time as
I approach a cross street. Can anyone think of something else?

Glad you're ok, Pat.

I think you should definitely look for overtaking driving each and every
time you pass a cross street. I thought everyone did this. Also, you should
also consider moving to the left [to center of lane] a bit if the traffic
allows. I think being too close to the right edge of the road can result in
drivers on the cross street not seeing you.