Old December 16th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Is it just me? (pointless rambling)

On Dec 12, 2:34*pm, mark wrote:
"Schwalbe" is German for "swallow" (the bird, not the verb). No, not a
name that belongs with cheap bikes. I must say, though, their best
touring tires are awful damn heavy for a product that's named after a bird.

mark

It's Chris wrote:
Or does "Schwalbe" sound like something one would find on a department
store "English Racer" (casual upright) type bicycle?

(I'm taling about the NAME, you understand. I've heard the tires are
actually a very good quality)

*- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"