Old December 20th 08, 10:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Jorg Lueke

Default December Cold in Minnesota

On Dec 20, 1:08*am, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,
*Johnny Borborigmi wrote:

On Dec 18, 2:05*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Well, as you can tell, I am starting to go crazy from the cold. Any
of you who are living in more moderate climes should count your
blessings. Right about now, I would give my soul for a little
warmth. My advice to anyone reading these forlorn words of mine is
that if you are still young make it your life's work to find a
decent climate to live in. You do not want to end up like me,
cursing the weather every day of your life.

Well We're getting hammered right now with a big storm here in NY. 7+
inches so far. Probably 9-10 before it's over. It's 20 degrees F.
currently as I type this. No bike riding for me!

Minnesota is in line for getting it tomorrow- 6-10" here and up to 12"
towards the Iowa border. *On the upside, we've been in a drought for a
long time and are still 7-8" short on rainfall over much of the state,
so this will be helpful for the 2009 growing season.

My bikes are put away in the winter. *Even with studded tires, it's no
fun riding when you're surrounded by ground missiles that are barely
under the control of their operators. *The standards of winter driving
around here have been declining for years- a combination of an aging
population, a significant influxleas of people seeing snow for the first
times in their lives, and repeated budget cutting for road repair and
maintenance because low taxes are more important than a functioning
infrastructure...

At least 6" so far, next comes the wind and the sub zero temps :-)
I think I will skip the Timberwolves game, but it's good sledding
weather.