Old December 21st 08, 01:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Price

Default December Cold in Minnesota

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:38:15 -0600, Tim McNamara
wrote:

[---]

At 4:15 when I left the workshop to go
home, the wind had picked up and the temperatures felt much colder- it's
dropped 13 degrees F since 1:00PM to 8F now, and will be dropping to 2F
tonight and -14F tomorrow night. Sigh. I'm not a real Minnesotan and I
don't enjoy this stuff.

That I can well sympathise with - living in Western Europe, to me,
those temperatures look really mean. How do you cope with it indoors
- double/triple glazing on windows and lots of insulation? I imagine
that heating costs must represent a considerable part of the household
budget, too.