Old June 10th 13, 02:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Default WHOOPS! A Rotorua man smashed his chest against a log whilemountain biking (New Zealand)

On Monday, June 10, 2013 6:47:52 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sunday, June 9, 2013 10:05:26 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:

You are LYING. Where do you see "gloating"? I just tell the truth. Mountain bikers HATE that. They have no idea what it means.

To Gloat; to observe or think about something with triumphant and often malicious satisfaction, gratification, or delight gloat over an enemy's misfortune (Ref: Webster Merriam)

So, if you had written ... "Another unfortunate and tragic incident ... think carefully about whether you really want to take up mountainbiking ...." ... then, just maybe, you could claim not to be gloating.

But, you didn't, you wrote ... "Evolution in action!" ... thereby gloating over another's misfortuntes.

You couldn't think your way out of a paper bag. "Evolution in action!" is a purely factual statement, and one you ought to think about, before you also become a statistic (if you haven't already). Mountain biking proves that the mentally and physically unfit are at a disadvantage.

If you don't want to be accused of gloating ... then don't do it. Simple.

I don't need to gloat. The article speaks for itself.

You really are a complete moron. I say this is for two reasons.First you fail to realise that you are promoting the benefits of mountain biking at redwoods in NZ through your ignorant emails which have been posted on their facebook page. Secondly, your approach will only serve to get people (including environmentalists) offside with your so called cause. No likes anyone who promotes other peoples pain and suffering despite.