Old August 29th 03, 06:03 AM
EZ Biker :-\)

Default Follow and Hang with that Aero!

johnriley1, I freely admit here, that I believe I made a lot of
misjudge-mental calls on my Rotator Pursuit. The LOW seat selection was one.
I think if I had gone with the med seat, instead of the LOW (Next to the
frame seat) I would have faired much better, I was wanting to achieve a low
racer type of bike, but what acted and felt like my previous Easy Racer type
of bikes.
Admittedly the Rotator I had previously tested, tested, tested, to the
point I had almost worn out the floor model, had the High seat setup and was
the Cro-Molly version not the Ti version. However regardless of which seat
height I had tired and subsequently went with, I was COMFORTABLE and the
bumps and grinds of the roads were absorbed via the mesh seat.
I still believe I should have taken the bike in and had the rear wheel /
frame assembly CAREFULLY checked. I really feel that there had been some
sort of bind in my initial setup, that could have been repaired. I just had
the hardest time getting that bike up to speed; only to see the speed drop
like a brick, when I coasted. And yet on my duel 20 inch Tailwind, that
weighed more and was higher up, I could get that puppy up to 18+ mph in no
time and maintain that speed for many miles. Hence the feeling, that
SOMETHING was amiss (Initial setup not bike defect wise) on my Pursuit.
I really ENJOYED THE Ti Pursuit and wished I had given it more tryout time.
That bike has the potential to (Again) be a LWB-Low Racer kind of bike, with
the person still seated more upright, like an Easy Racers kind of bike.
But alas, I now have a NEW LOVE, in that of my Bacchetta Aero, of which I'll
be collected this weekend! YooooooooHooooooooo!
EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti and Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"john riley" wrote in message
om...
....It's conceivable to have a Rotator with a higher seat so the riding
position more closely matches the GRR and avoids some of the concerns
about lowness that you had. But this didn't seem like something you
were interested in. Even though you live in a humid climate, you saw
no significant advantage to the mesh Rotator seat?

johnriley1 (at) rogers.com