Old May 12th 08, 09:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Keats

Default Freeway Riding

In article ,
peter writes:
On May 10, 7:12 am, Claire wrote:
right:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NLmiuyLa98

wrong:http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...290_webbike08m...

Warm Regards,

Claire

We just rode a 20-mile section of I-5 on our way back from Yosemite a
few weeks ago. Traffic was moving a lot faster than in the above
video and the passing trucks gave us a nice boost with their draft.

At the afternoon rush hour on I-5 in the outskirts of
Seattle, you could walk across the tops of the cars.
It's likely to be a faster way to get to where
you're going.

While on this topic, I'm gonna implore my fellow canadians
to not litter along I-5. When you buy stuff in Bellingham
or Seattle, you /know/ your gonna have to cross the border.
Throw the wrappers away as soon as you buy your stuff,
instead of out the car window, on the fly, on the highway.
There are plenty of street garbage receptacles. Let's be
civilised & respectful guests. And discrete smugglers.

I kinda miss the Seattle Bon Marche.

cheers,
Tom

--