Old May 11th 09, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default How to get speeding drivers to slow down.

"Sir Jeremy" wrote in message
On 11 May, 10:45, "Simon Mason" wrote:
This works every time. A car coming towards you is obviously speeding and
you, being a responsible law abiding citizen, wish it to slow down lest
it
kills someone down the road. All you do is point behind you and shout
"speed
trap", then watch as they slam on their brakes and stick to the limit.
Some
even thank you!

What the **** is it to do with you anyway?

Because I am a responsible law abiding citizen and like to do my bit for
road safety.

How do you know the oncoming car is speeding?

34 years of driving experience dear chap and the solid evidence of their
brake lights. If they are *NOT* speeding, why would they slam on the brakes,
eh?

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/