Old July 21st 18, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Stolen Bike

On 21.07.2018 16:22, JNugent wrote:
On 21/07/2018 13:07, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 22:28:50 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 20.07.2018 21:24, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 14:26:27 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
wrote:

On 7/19/2018 10:42 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:38:18 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
wrote:

On 6/19/2018 4:29 AM, CJB wrote:
Stolen Bike - a few weeks ago someone left an expensive mountain
bike in the car par to our flats. We have stopped at least 2
attempts to steal it by hooded yoofs. Now we have it under lock
and key. But how to find the owner is a moot point. We have tried
Hillingdon Council - they say its a police matter. We have tried
the local police and they says its a Council matter. CJB

We Americans have a saying for the inadequacies of buckytooth
limey government, SNAFU (situation normal all ****ed up).
Deal with it!
*Why would anyone leave an expensive bike just lying in public with
no lock?

Why would an adult want to ride a bicycle anywho?
*Why would an adult let an anywho ride their bike?

Hitler.

Your answer makes no grammatical sense.* You can't answer a why with a
pronoun.

"Hitler" is a proper noun, not a pronoun.

There is no reason why a question may not be answered - colloquially -
with a marker term which plainly stands for a whole argument, though in
the instant case, Godwin threatens to intervene.

I could have just written: "Godwin".

Exactly.