Old August 12th 17, 08:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Stress Analysis in the Design of Bicycle Infrastructure

On 2017-08-11 16:52, sms wrote:

I would never move to a place like that if I was interested in
transportational cycling.

Indeed. I chose my residence carefully, so transporational cycling was possible.
Joerg should have done the same.

Sometimes it's good to move somewhere and then help estabishing a
cycling culture, also pushing for an infrastructure. Else it'll never
get expanded.

So what have you done to establish a cycling culture there? All we've heard
about is whining that riding there is dangerous.

Going to meeting, providing input, helping keep MTB trails open, and so
on. But most of all getting people on those trails because if they
aren't used they'll go away some day.

Riding on the trails is not dangerous. Riding on White Rock Road is.

https://goo.gl/maps/KRw6mqgnBrw

It's hard to say how much the constant nagging by the various parties
including myself achieves. Fact is, now that Folsom expands south of Hwy
50 they have spec'd a class I bike facility with connection to the trail
system into the plan. That will finally connect the El Dorado Trail to
the Folsom bike path system and then on to the river trail to
Sacramento. And on to Davis. As I always thought it should be.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/