Old August 13th 17, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Stress Analysis in the Design of Bicycle Infrastructure

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 12:02:42 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

I am a tad heavier but I have no problem lifting a bike and myself over
a regular cattle fence.

A hundred and sixty pounds of downward pressure on a wire designed to
resist in an entirely different direction, and to share the load with
a bunch of other wires . . . well, it's extremely rude to do it even
if the damage isn't immediately apparent.

But the boundary-marker fences you describe don't sound like much more
impediment than a curb.

Perhaps less than a railroad. I've been known to get to the Crazy Egg
by taking a footpath from 100 N into their parking lot. Ballast is
not easy to walk on.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net