Old August 20th 09, 03:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Default Any one else get mistaken for a Hobo?

On Aug 19, 8:15*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

It was Bicycling magazine I think. *And Los Angeles was the town

discussed. *But it was not people who could not afford public
transportation as the subject. *Public transport is cheap. *Even
$2-3-4-5 each way for bus or subway. *Compared to gas and parking,
cheap cheap cheap. *Especially parking. *The main bike riders were
homeless, unemployed, day laborers, poor people in this magazine
article. *They could not afford a car, gas, insurance, parking, etc,
etc. *Lots of costs with owning a car.

Anything over $1 for a pubic ride is outrageous. It is amusing to me how we
all get used to being robbed on a daily basis. I remember riding the subway
in NYC for 10 cents. That was about what it was worth.

If buses and subways are not cheap to use, they are not *performing what
they were designed to do, which is to provided cheap transportation to the
public at large. Like I said, anything over $1 is robbery.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Even when you say stupid things doesn't mean you can't say something
smart. Yes, bus fares must be no more than $1. Tax gas and subsidize
public transportation to have fewer cars/predators out there.