Old May 4th 11, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jee-$

Default Should you wear a helmet while riding a recumbent?

On Tue, 3 May 2011 08:39:32 -0700 (PDT), in rec.bicycles.tech Opus
wrote:

Bell Bellistic. I am working on my third season with mine and I'm
looking to paint the shell and install a re-line kit for another 3 or
4 seasons use.

A helmet should be considered an expendable item; they have a useful
life span and should be retired in their geriatric years.

I tend to prefer the hard-shell, BMX-style helmets; however, your
milage may vary.

xxx