Old May 26th 04, 09:46 AM
John Hearns

Default The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes

On Wed, 26 May 2004 09:02:49 +0100, Peter Clinch wrote:

John Hearns wrote:

I disagree. Bikes are pretty personal.
You adjust them to fit yourself, and people don't generally swap them
around. Ever had one stolen?

Yes, but that's not really the point. If some oik wants to invade your
personal space with, say, a water pistol or an insult it's far easier to
do than if you're locked in an enclosed box.
It's personal /space/, not a personal /thing/, that I think was
Patrick's point.

I wasn't wanting to be argumentative.

Maybe this should be a new thread. I think non-cyclists view bicycles
as all interchangeable.
Maybe non-drivers see cars that way too!