Old May 26th 04, 11:48 AM
Peter Clinch

Default The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes

Simon Brooke wrote:

transport at all on a substantial part of the route), I disagree that
bicycles don't have this effect. Getting on your own familiar bike and
just getting out of there is very similar

For the likes of us, yes, but the thing you're up against here is the
general public perception of bikes compared to cars.

Come to think of it, I have in my life commuted far more often by cycle
than by any other mode of transport.

Cycling or walking have been my only regular commute modes, and I
wouldn't have it any other way (in the UK, various possibilities for XC
ski in colder places might be good...).

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital