Old May 30th 10, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Default dangerous cyclist causes death of OAP

Doug wrote:
On 30 May, 09:27, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 29 May, 18:34, "mileburner" wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...r/10189702.stm

With all respect to everyone concerned, I would like to point out
that if the bus was not travelling quite so fast, it may not have
needed to brake so hard, and therefore the poor person may still be
alive.

I further realise that drivers generally like someone to blame and
this view may be unpopular.

Lower speed limits save lives.

And many bus drivers DLCs

Let me get this straight. A vulnerable road user is blamed for the
death of a vulnerable victim so that the killer driver is absolved
from blame twice over? I wonder if this could also happen with a
trio, or more, of vulnerable road users/victims and one killer
driver? Difficult to envisage but maybe someone can come up with a
likely scenario.

There are many people to blame he from the road engineer to the
bus designer, through the old lady, via the bus driver. BUT if the
cyclist had not done some rather silly the effect would be that the
old ladies would still be ok. So the root cause of the incident is
still the cyclist, no matter how much you wriggle and whine.

Go read the Highway Code before posting more of your nonsense.

"126
Stopping Distances

Drive at a speed that will allow you to stop well within the distance
you can see to be clear."

If the cyclist pulled out in front of the driver from a side road without
stopping the bus driver was following the code to the letter.

I suppose the next excuse used by the motorists here is that the bus
driver didn't see the cyclist and so cannot be to blame. In that case
maybe they should be using blind bus drivers just to be on the safe
side regarding blame.

Time to put your hands up **** for brains. You have nowhere to go.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.