Old November 27th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Default Putting plates on without a cone wrench

I've often just ridden with my plates loose, but this is probably not a
good idea. I got a pair of large adjustable spanners, put them on both
bolts simultaneously and pulled.

I needed to wiggle the plates a bit after initial tightening, to get
them even. But got there in the end, and then tightened them up much
more. Experience suggests that they can still get knocked loose by a
few impacts when I drop the wheel, so I think Loctite might be worth
trying...

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
mark williamson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11301