Old April 13th 15, 12:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 22:55:15 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 4/12/2015 9:06 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

Apparently there are multitudes of bacteria already in the Human gut.
and E. coli is a consistent resident of the small intestine.

from:
http://www.livescience.com/3092-huma...a-thought.html
"In sheer numbers, the mammalian colon harbors one of the densest
microbial communities found on Earth. For every human cell in your
body, there are roughly 10 single-celled microbes, most of which live
in your digestive tract."

That seems to be a fact whose implications are still being deciphered by
the medical community. We're not just an animal; we're an ecosystem.

Years ago when my son was a little tyke he got some sort of intestinal
malady and the doctor prescribed an antibiotic by mouth. As we were
leaving the clinic the doctor said, as an afterthought, you might want
to feed him some un pasteurized yogurt too. When I asked him why he
said that the antibiotic would kill all the microbes and that wasn't
good so feed the kid yogurt to replace some of the beneficial ones :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.