Old April 14th 15, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 13:37:00 +0200, Rolf Mantel
wrote:

Am 13.04.2015 um 13:21 schrieb John B. Slocomb:
On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 22:55:15 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

That seems to be a fact whose implications are still being deciphered by
the medical community. We're not just an animal; we're an ecosystem.

Years ago when my son was a little tyke he got some sort of intestinal
malady and the doctor prescribed an antibiotic by mouth. As we were
leaving the clinic the doctor said, as an afterthought, you might want
to feed him some un pasteurized yogurt too. When I asked him why he
said that the antibiotic would kill all the microbes and that wasn't
good so feed the kid yogurt to replace some of the beneficial ones :-)

Yes, and Danone was forbidden from advertising with the special microbes
in their yoghurt because they were unable to demonstrate that any of
these would survive the stomach acid and reach the intestine,
demonstrating that this 'eat yoghurt' stuff is an urban myth.

If you wish yoghurt bacteria to reach your intestine you would need to
consume them rectally, not orally.

Are you referring to specific bacteria or making a general statement?
While I don't dispute what you say it would seem unlikely at best, as
a general statement since certainly drinking contaminated water is
considered the primary way of contracting Typhoid, Hepatitis A, or
quite a number of other diseases.

--
Cheers,

John B.