Old August 3rd 12, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Child maimed by pavement cyclist

Squashme wrote:
On Aug 3, 10:00 am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Squashme wrote:
On Aug 2, 8:02 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Surprise, surprise, he stopped, but no surprise: did not leave his
details.

Young Daniel had stepped from the front gate at his family's home
on to Capel Lane when a cyclist in his early 20s struck him while
taking a short cut to avoid a set of bollards.

The boy, who had been on his way to a swimming lesson with his
younger brother, Jack, suffered a bruised face and cuts which
needed stitches.

Exmouth police said they were keen to speak to the cyclist, who
stopped and apologised to the youngster after the collision but
left the scene without speaking to officers.

http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news...n_bike_collisi...

Maim:- "1. to mutilate, cripple, or disable a part of the body of (a
person or animal)
2. to make defective"

I maimed my lttle finger recently with my razor.

Which shows how careless you are with dangerous objects, but at
least it was yourself, and you had the choice of what you did, your
injury is unlikely to be noticeable to others and a large part of
your life has already passed.

That small child has a permanently mutilated face, purely as a
result of a selfish, speeding, cowardly, pavement cyclist.

Stop pretending to care.
The number of children killed or seriously injured in road accidents:-
2,412 in 2011.
Complain about motor vehicles.

this is a cycling group.