Old September 6th 12, 10:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
TireDesigner TireDesigner is offline
Banned

Location: Florida
Default New Airless Tire Concepts Honestly Discussed

Dear Randy,
Thank you for your inquiry. At this time there aren't any airless options for a 650c tire. However we should be able to create a Tire Cork in that size at some point in the future. Until then, any tire with a Vectran breaker or multiple layers of puncture protection will be all you can hope for. The Panaracer Closer Plus has a protection layer in it and the Continental Ultra Gatorskin is about as tough a tire I think you can find in that size. Over the last three years I've seen a decline in the number and diversity of 650c tires, so finding tires like the Marathon Plus might be hard. I wished I could help you more.
Thank you
Hugh

On Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:57:44 PM UTC-4, Randy Kehrt wrote:
Hugh,

My recumbent uses 650 cm size tires.

My bicycle is a Volae Team recumbent.

Can YOU make a air free tire for me?

Randy

"TireDesigner" wrote in message

Greetings,

My name is Hugh and I design tires at Tire Bank.

Please read my White Paper Interviews and I will be happy to answer any

questions.

Please read all the interviews before you ask questions.

There are three areas of technology:

Airless Tires

#1 Airless Tire Industry Heating Up

http://www.airlesstiresnow.com/publi...interview1.asp

#2 Airless Tire Reduces Effort By 50%

http://www.airlesstiresnow.com/publi...interview2.asp

Solid Inserts, Tire Corking

#3 Solid Tubes To Exceed 100M Sales

http://www.airlesstiresnow.com/publi...interview3.asp

All of these offer promise so I wish to start some good dialogue and clear

up any misunderstandings there are about the airless technologies.

In disclosure, I sell a lot of rubber tires (a lot) but I also sell and

design airless tires. I am one of the few people in the world that can talk

about both. These means I can put tires in a frame of reference to help

people understand where the airless products fit in.

Please use this opportunity to find out what airless products can and can't

do. Please be polite and respectful to all.

Thank you