Old September 20th 03, 07:41 AM
HKEK

Default WTB: FS MTB, I've got $2500 to spend... Heckler?

What are some of the better mountain bikes to consider in this price
range?

I am looking for something lightweight for part time XC and climbing,
but durable enough for free riding, i.e., climbing up over rocks,
doing small drops (~3 ft), and generally blasting through rocky/rooty
descents.

I'm currently looking at a Santa Cruz Heckler with a 5th Element Coil
and Fox TALAS RLC fork. What else should I consider before putting my
$ on the Heckler.