Old August 6th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Default Bike parts cheaper today than tomorrow

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

Apparently not anymore. Car tire prices are heading skyward as well.
However- I still don't understand how you can buy a car tire for about the
same price that it would cost just to ship something that heavy. I don't get
it.

Because it doesn't cost much to ship them in large quantities.

Mass market bicycle tires are actually very cheap, it's all the designer
tires that cost so much.

Yeah, car tire prices are going higher as well. It's rather interesting
around here to see how Costco seems to have cornered the market on tire
replacement. I won't go elsewhere. They don't gouge on balancing, they
don't charge extra for new valves or for road hazard, and they actually
honor the tire manufacturer's warranty.