Old January 12th 21, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Does Slow Johnny still pull the wings off flies

On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 4:37:08 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:24:25 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:19:35 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 1/11/2021 1:21 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Among architects, the use of custom fonts is quite common. The idea
is that if someone pirates the architects work, the unique fonts would
make the theft obvious in a court of law. In the distant past, we had
three architects offices in the office building. All of them used
custom fonts. I don't know if they still do that today.

Right, I had my all-caps scrawl digitized as a TrueType
font. Probably something like that.

Sorry, but your scribbling has probably been copyrighted:
https://www.1001fonts.com/illegible-fonts.html
https://www.fontget.com/discover/illegible/
https://www.myfonts.com/tags/illegible
etc...

My favorite font is "Faux Hebrew". Sending formatted email or letters
to my Jewish friends often results in confusion (followed by
profanity):
https://www.google.com/search?q=faux+hebrew+font&tbm=isch

The ultimate in penmanship are the torah scribes. They transcribe the
entire 304,805 word Torah with pen and ink by hand. It takes about 2
years. No corrections are allowed. One mistake and the scrolls are
destroyed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sefer_Torah
It's quite an art and takes many years of practice to achieve
perfection. A new torah scroll will cost between $15,000 and $50,000
depending mostly on the quality and consistency of the script:
https://www.amazon.com/Authentic-Kosher-Written-Scroll-Reconditioned/dp/B003AT9RKM
One of my uncles was a draftsman in Israel back in the 1960's. He
augmented his income transcribing torah scrolls.

Not to disparage the Torah but until the 1440's all "books" were hand
written :-)

More fake news? Books were printed with hand made metal presses in the 1300's. 1440, was the first Guttenberg movable type press.