Old June 7th 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

Default DaHon Curve D3

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:32:50 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

You live in Silicon Valley, which has mountains, correct?

Some very long and steep. I used to ride on weekends from Campbell to
Saratoga and then pedal the 8 miles or so to the summit at 1800 feet. On
the rare occasion there was snow I would head right on up and get into
snowball fight before it melted. The other long and grinding road was to
go to Mount Hamilton by way of Mount day and this was on a road bike so
the steep uphills were nearly impossible.

Are these the hills where you used to ride downhill with your legs
splayed out behind you (for aerodynamics) at speeds in excess of 55mph,
with an 18-wheeler right on your ass?

Please, Billy, tell us again how exciting that was! /breathless

Quimby road is hazardous these days due to the Hispanic gangs families
living there, so I don't see a repeat in the future.

Can't you just blow right through there at 55-60mph, and they won't even
have time to react? Come on Bill, you can do it!

Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg