Old August 10th 18, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

Default Flat repair

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 9:38:24 AM UTC-5, David Scheidt wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
:On 8/10/2018 1:14 AM, Andy wrote:
: I had to repair a flat. Have some questions.
:
: Is it best to apply patch to a completly flat tube?
:
: I found a small copper wire in tire.
:
: Is there something to minimize what can puncture tire?
:
: Thanks
:

:Pathing covered in images 4 through 8 he
:http://www.yellowjersey.org/tubfix.html

I will strongly suggest you sand your tubes. Sanding not only cleans
the surface, it roughens the surface and increases the area that glue
and cushion gum on the patch have to bond to. Done right, there's a
30 or 40% increase in tensile strength of the patch.

:If you find a way to escape flat tires do write back.

I sanded the tube, applied the patch and clamped it in a vise for an hour.

Andy