Old October 14th 08, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

Default Tandem trailer bike

In article 20081014142450.134167ac@bluemoon, Rob Morley wrote:
On 14 Oct 2008 07:17:59 +0100 (BST)
(Alan Braggins) wrote:

In article
,
wrote:
2 years ago, I bought a second-hand Pashley "U Plus 2" tandem trailer
bike. Whilst carting around my 2 little girls on it, I could have
sold several. The problem is, it does not de-rig easily for
transport.

http://www.sandsmachine.com/ would probably solve that, but they
aren't cheap.

The best way to reduce the volume of the trike is to take the axle and
wheels off - that sort of coupling isn't going to help you do that.

I sold my U+2 some years ago, but I think couplings in the middle
would have been as useful as quick release rear wheels.
(The triangulation at the rear means a removeable axle would do nothing.)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/armb/se...7602304880563/