Old October 15th 08, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default Tandem trailer bike

On 14 Oct 2008 17:35:53 +0100 (BST)
(Alan Braggins) wrote:

In article 20081014142450.134167ac@bluemoon, Rob Morley wrote:

The best way to reduce the volume of the trike is to take the axle
and wheels off - that sort of coupling isn't going to help you do
that.

I sold my U+2 some years ago, but I think couplings in the middle
would have been as useful as quick release rear wheels.
(The triangulation at the rear means a removeable axle would do
nothing.)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/armb/se...7602304880563/

I wasn't talking about that particular trike, but the basic trike
configuration - obviously the design of an easily separable one would
start with different criteria than a rigid or dismantleable one. While
you're here, did the large wheelbase not make it rather cumbersome?