Old April 30th 04, 08:30 PM
Bob Schwartz

Default Pic of Lemond winning 1989 World's...what's up with the wheel in their faces?

Jeff Potter wrote:
Well, I just saw a version of that photo that has a spare wheel in the
photo-frame right in front of Greg and Konyshev on the rightside of
the image. So there must have been a motor just a couple feet in front
of those guys going nuts in the rain and it wasn't even the motor with
the photog that took that pic. So there must have been at least two
bikes right in front of them. But that one on the right is RIGHT in
front of them.

Here's a link: http://www.msu.edu/~bikes/great-cycl...-screaming.gif

I don't recall ever seeing that wheel in an image of that sprint
before. Maybe other shots are just the ones that have been used more.
Or maybe the wheel gets photoshopped out of the posters?

Then I googled for more images of that sprint and couldn't find a
thing. Sheesh.

Have other World's sprints been contested with vehicles within like 3
feet of the front of the cyclists? Heck, there must've been a draft
from those suckers even, big roostertail of water, the works. Crazy.

Jeff. You are such a douchebag. Words fail me.

http://www.sportsstorm.com/Cycling/GregLemond/1.html

This is an instance where your brain needed a 12 cog and
all you had was a tricycle.

Bob Schwartz