Old March 10th 17, 06:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default More About Lights

On 08/03/17 14:03, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 7:09:21 PM UTC-5, James wrote: Snipped
If I was allowed to ride without a foam hat I could keep the sun
off my scalp with a cloth cap, but that's not an option in this
country.

If I develop a skin cancer on the top of my head, I shall seek to
sue the government, for their law makes adequate sun protection
with sufficient ventilation near on impossible.

Just curious, does the legislation specifically state that your
helmet must be worn on your head? Or does it simply state that a
helmet must be worn? On a long ride a few years ago it got extremely
hot so I slung mu helmet over my shoulder on a long srtrap. the
organizers at a rest stop saw it and said i must wear the helmet on
my head. I showed them the waiver and also showed them that it only
stated that I promised to wear a helmet but there was no mention of
wear I had to wear the helmet. Perhaps your local legislation has a
similar loophole?

"The rider of a bicycle must wear an approved bicycle helmet securely
fitted and fastened on the rider’s head, unless the rider is exempt from
wearing a bicycle helmet under another law of this jurisdiction."

I don't have an exemption.

--
JS