Old August 26th 18, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: expired note

Huh? It's Saturday! Didn't feel like it; I spent the whole day
grumping inside because of the pouring rain. No, I won't melt, but
grumping around the house is more fun than riding in a thunderstorm.
Doesn't make as good a story, though, like the time I worried about
being able to see through the rain to avoid the big limbs being blown
down onto the road, then the dime dropped and I dived for the nearest
shelter.

What do you know, there *is* a post in the drafts folder. Only an
embryo that hasn't been deleted yet, but it's already past bedtime.

While cleaning up my training diary, I found a note dated Tuesday
8 May 2018.

It says "McK: asphalt erode", by which I meant that I must continue
to be cautious of what might be hidden in the shadow of the overpass,
because the same drip that wore away the old pavement has already
marked the new pavement. Suspecting shadows of concealing death traps
is probably a good policy in general.

It also says "bad pave alley", by which I meant to remind myself to
write a post saying that bad pavement is another reason to be very
careful in alleys, but I've forgotten what I meant to say.

"As I say, not as I". Probably meant to remind me to write a post
about the importance of braking with both hands, but I think I already
did that.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net