Old November 7th 16, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Joy Beeson

Default Impediments: boardwalk???

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 12:10:08 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Joy, I don't know if you've ever navigated a road bike over worn boardwalk but the "wetlands" could possibly be easier.

The boardwalk is maintained, but the jammed-together boards are quite
effective at keeping wet leaves wet. So you get what looks like a
thin layer of fluffy dry leaves, but underneath it's a slimy layer of
rotten leaves.

Fortunately, the Beyer Trail is quite convenient to the Beyer
Building, which is where one goes to have one's ribs X-rayed after a
fall.

(But it was a couple of days before I realized that I needed to.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net