Old August 9th 09, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Default Walking helmets

Mr. Benn wrote:
Peter Grange wrote in
:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 11:17:24 +0200, Tosspot
wrote:

Think of the children....

http://www.thudguard.com/

You couldn't make it up.

It doesn't explain exactly how it stops your heart being rendered. Can
bike helmets do that too? I'm sure someone would have mentioned it if
they could ;-)

"Over 318,575 baby & toddler head injuries are recorded each
year!"(Department of Trade & Industry).

Again, common sense being ridiculed. What is wrong with people?

From the same page:

"get down on your hands and knees and have a wander around. Look at all
the furniture, hard surfaces and sharp edges you would hit if you fell
on them - both inside your home and outside in your garden."

But no advice about moving things or fitting corner protectors or safety
glass or safety film ( something a registered childminder has to do).

Yerst, me suspects nowt to do with thinking of children but going for
the knee-jerk 'cough up or your child will DIE'

And what, exactly, are these DoTI (well named it seems in this case)
figures referring to? How many are the usual "It's normal for young
children to sustain bumps and bruises occasionally as part of
exploring." (Thudguard).

Will they continue to support the same children through to the end of
thier lives, ensuring that as they get older they buy helmets to protect
them every single day? If so, Darwin gives us a little reminder about
how those unable to adapt tend to die out. A few generations of
Thudguardians and they will not be able to survive without protective
head gear while the rest of us brought up normally will manage to
survive the inadvertant (hopefully) Frisbee to the head.

I am so please there is no such thing as 'common sense' or the human
race wouldn't have got as far as it has before wiping itself out.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.